We are located about or 2½ Km west of Chania downtown.
- If you are coming from the east, you have to pass Chania downtown and continue west to the main road (the old National Road) that goes to Agia Marina and Platanias. After about 2 Km from Chania downtown you will see to your left a stone fence with trees and of course the sign. That's Lefka apartments, by the road almost opposite of a big super market called AB Vasilopoulos and by Diafano, which is a well known local clothing retail shop. Remember the area is called Yermaniko Pouli (it means German Bird!) and everybody knows it.
Chania airport to Lefka apartments
- Taxi. This is the easiest way; expect to pay about 30€.
- Hire a car. This is highly recommended if you plan to explore the island (highly recommended since Crete & Chania are very beautiful but big).
- Bus. Buses from the airport to Chania town are somewhat infrequent, as you can see in the timetable. From the main bus station in Chania you can take a taxi or a use the local bus to arrive to Lefka apartments. Local buses from Chania town to Lefka apartments (numbers 15 and 21) depart from 1866 Square, very close to the main bus station in Chania.
Heraklion airport to Lefka apartments
- Taxi. This is a bit expensive. Since the distance is about 140 Km expect to pay about 170€.
- Hire a car. Again, highly recommended - the road (the new National road as it's called on the maps) is not that difficult and it will take you a couple of hours driving. For driving directions to Lefka apartments, please check Google maps or our site.
- Bus. This is a very good option also. Buses are new, air conditioned, frequent and not expensive. However, you need to go to the main bus station in Heraklion (taxi or bus from Heraklion airport), then take the bus from Heraklion to Chania and then use the local bus (or easier a taxi) to arrive at Lefka apartments.
From Piraeus (Athens sea port)
Chania has daily ferry boat connections to Piraeus from the harbor at Souda with ANEK Lines and Blue Star Ferries. Heraklion, which lies about 140 Km from Chania, has also daily ferry connections to Piraeus with ANEK Lines, Minoan Lines and Supefast Ferries.
Piraeus to Crete sailings take about 9 hours on standard ferries and about 6 hours on the high-speed ferries.
On the Athens (Piraeus) - Crete route, overnight ferries arrive at their destination between 5.00 and 6.30 in the morning.
Unfortunately there are no ferries going from Santorini to Chania. There are however fast ferries from Santorini to Herakion.